Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dick & Carey

I read this and it all seemed very familiar to me. I don't remember remember ever specifically hearing about this particular model of instructional design, but the process seems familiar and overall just very logical. One of the things from this model that I practice the most is step number 4, which says "write performance objectives – specific behavior skills to be learned, the conditions under which they must be performed and the criteria for successful performance." It has been instilled in me that it is absolutely necessary to write specific behavior objectives. I feel as though it is extremely important to know exactly what the outcome will look like, and it must be detailed and specific. If neither you nor the student know what the end should be, how will you know if success has been achieved?

http://www.gse.pku.edu.cn/jxsj/materials2/Dick%20&%20Carey.htm

No comments: