Sunday, March 22, 2009

Assignment 4-5368

The brief history of instructional design was really interesting to me. I enjoyed reading about the evolution of instructional design, particularly how it correlates with major events in history. I had no idea. I think it is truly beneficial in training the workforce and educating students quickly and effectively. With each decade, we have more and more resources available to us to help in this goal.

http://www.pignc-ispi.com/articles/education/brief%20history.htm

After reading Thompson's article, I felt that if you do work through the steps it's a way to sort of streamline the learning process and make it quick and effective. Most people want that outcome, so it is worth the effort. I feel also that it probably is a matter of making an effort to consciously working through the steps. Training yourself to do something new can be difficult, but if you make the effort and execute it correctly, it can be really beneficial.

http://www.uwsa.edu/ttt/articles/thompson.htm

No comments: